Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend in Words

Another Birthday weekend is over! It was full of fun, family & food! Friday night came quickly; that late afternoon nap for Benji AND Carolyn was so nice! Carolyn opened her presents as soon as they reached the floor (the other kids each got a little something too) Doll house, Baby's (that cry/laugh and move their arms/legs), DINOSAURS, constructions vehicles, a HUGE bucket of Play-doh, and more!!

Saturday was GORGEOUS! Sunny, Warm, (well, high 30's-low 40's) so they literally spent all day outside. When the kids were inside they spent the time reading books, playing play-doh, snuggling and wearing out G'pa, G'ma & Jess.

After a lazy Sunday, they headed back home late afternoon. We had tons of left overs so we invited Joe, Heather & kids over for supper. The kids had a blast playing together with all the new toys, and the big kids... well :) we always have a good time!

I have over 100 pictures from the weekend, no joke! So after I sort through them, I'll put some up, probably in a slide show!

We're having a 'Monday'. We woke up to the news that Benjamin's Grandpa past away, at the age of 93. It's cloudy and drizzly, the house needs a major 'clean-over' from the weekend, the kids are over-tired from all the excitement and full days... But we'll survive!! Oh, yes, I also got stuck for a moment in Heather's driveway this morning.. ;0 This is the last place I should be right now, but I'm taking a much needed break! Not sure what the week will hold; but I promise I will get pictures up from this weekend at some point!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about Ben's grandpa. John's grandpa died this past Sept...he was 93 as well.
I look forward to seeing pictures of your busy weekend!