|slideshow - Powered by Smilebox" src="http://www.smilebox.com/globalImages/blogInstructions/blogLogoSmileboxSmall.gif" width=386>|
|Make a Smilebox slideshow|
Here's a peek at this past week. We spent Xmas with Ben's side. Nothing unusual; just good food, lots of laughs, games, and plenty of entertainment, from the 9 kids! Sorry no pictures. We've had some sick kids, so it was the 1st time the kids were together for some time. Let's just say they made up for lost time. Our plans are to spend new years eve/day with Ben's family too. His brother, sister & families are celebrating with their "in-laws". I've been busy today, when not blogging, making goodies like: caramel popcorn mix, bacon and eggs, choc pretzels, puppy chow, taco dip.. its gonna be a yummy party!
It's hard to believe another year has past. As usual, it past like a blur. Here's an attempt to recap SOME of what happened for us in 2008!
- Carolyn turned 3 in January.
- Benjamin was offered a ranch job in Iowa. He worked for about a month out there, while the kids & me stayed back here.
- Katie turned 2 in April.
- In May, we all moved to (western) Iowa
- It was an experience we'll never forget.
- We met so many amazing people, who quickly become a permanent part of our family, hearts and lives.
- During the summer, we enjoyed visits from both g'parents and Jake/Emily, fishing, county fairs, ice cream on the deck, trips to the park and a trip back to WI to see everyone.
- In July, we moved from the city, into a wonderful, spacious house/yard in the county, still in Iowa.
- Sadly, the ranch job didn't work out, and we moved back to WI in the fall.
- Leaving was bittersweet; leaving new family & friends, yet returning to our "home".
- Upon arriving home, Benjamin started trucking locally and logging (meaning he's home just about EVERY nite)
- Our baby, John turned 1 in Sept.
- Our oldest, Benji, turned 5 in Nov.
- We welcomed our new nephew in December. Actually he's the same age as our John, but the adoption didn't become final until Dec 08.
As for 2009...wait and see!