Thursday, June 17, 2010

Close Cousins

We Our kids are very lucky.  All ten grandchildren, live in the same town.  Some are just a short walk through the woods, some are just a short drive across the hills.  Either way... cousins are close by.  Most know that because of my husband's work, we are spending some time in TN.  So when we come back home, it's like one giant 'Cousin-fest'.  Kids are here.  Kids are there.  Kids are everywhere.  The days are long full of laughter, energy and fun.  The nights are short and sweet.  But we enjoy every minute second of it while we can.  Because the time will come when we each have to go our seperate ways (for awhile).

6 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun for the kids....and you!

Neisha said...

you're kids are so very lucky!! My kids would love to live that close to their cousins. The way it is, they only get to see them about 3 times a year.

mom 2 4J's said...

Your kids will have very special life long friendships with their cousins:-)That's awesome!

Raimie said...

Dear Cousin Keeper,

Reminds me of the days of my childhood... tons of cousins. My dad is one of 12 so I don't even KNOW how many cousins I have on that side... my mom's side there are over 25 of us and it gets plain crazy when we all get together. They are SUPER great memories though so make sure to enjoy them.


Love,
Packed In Like Sardines in NE

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

How fun is that! My kids ADORE their cousins!

gkey said...

dear Bring It On,

Sounds like Summer.
Good times.
You will treasure these photos and the memories someday.
My two sisters and 1 brother did not have cousins growing up, but a wonderful close family to our grandparents with 5 kids became our "cousins" instead. It worked.
Now, we have more than made up for what our own childhood lacked in that area....like Raimie mentioned already.
love,
Collected Kids and cousins
in
NE