Thursday, December 2, 2010

thankful for turkeys

Thanksgiving was here again this year.  We do things alittle different.  Our meal is for supper.  It works out pretty good.  The guys can hunt, and us girls have all day to have some fun, I mean prepare for the big meal.  Everyone is happy (as long as the guys get their deer).
Since I was slightly preoccupied that evening, I have these 2 pictures for the evening.  Maybe A. Tanya/Heather/Gma have some they'll share (hint, hint).    I printed off some Thanksgiving coloring pages for the kids.  Each kid had their own coloring book.  (Which was a lifesaver for those few minutes just before supper was ready)

We had 25 people here.  10  kids.  The oldest was 8.  The youngest was 10 mos.  The house was hopping.  The food was great.  The night went too fast.  The end.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Of course it was a great time....you were there....duh!!!

Gary said...

Now those are some c... cc... cccuuu... cuuuu... cccuuuuut... CUTE kids! I don't know why that was so hard to say. :)

Darcie said...

Would you believe that I didn't take ONE picture...all of the ones I have are compliments of Raimie. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Heather...and family of course.

All American Family said...

How fun - I bet the house was jumping with all those kids! They're part of what makes T'giving so great though, all the energy they bring. Thanks for sharing.

Neisha said...

family times are always fun :)
I always take my camera to TDay but never get it out, oh well

Heather said...

It went great...thanks for all you did to make it fun! The kids loved their coloring books, awesome idea =)

mom 2 4J's said...

Glad you were all together:-)My sis in law Sondra started a Thanksgiving scrapbook. We work on it every year after the meal clean up. We work on the previous years pictures:-) It's fun for the adults and kids to make pages. And fun to look back at the past years:-)Forces us to snap pictures or there won't be any scrapbooking the next year;-)

Alison said...

Glad you enjoyed the evening and didn't worry to much about pictures. I don't have one single picture from our Thanksgiving holiday-it didn't turn out at all how we had planned or hoped. But... we will never forget it. I'm sure you won't either. :)