Wednesday, May 13, 2009

picture-less update

My camera has been sitting on the sidelines lately. But that doesn't mean we've been up to nothing!!
  • G'pa & G'ma found a deal on a bunch of little bikes at a thrift sale. So Benji and Carolyn are having a blast with 'training wheels'.
  • They also have a teeter-totter, which most of the kids call the "tater-tot".
  • Dutchess is now our new pet. (she's a barn cat turned into an outside house cat, since she never leaves us along) She belongs to G'ma Linda's cat. Either a kid or granddaughter :) Mommy makes her stay outside, but the kids are ever so diligent in feeding her and playing with her. She tolerates the kids, and by that I mean, John lifting her up by her tail and dragging her along with him (until Mommy stops him)
  • For Mother's Day I got LOTS of flowers to plant. I finally got potting soil, now if it would only stop raining, I could get them planted.
  • I still have a garden to plant...
  • We still have extra company every other day. We love the fact that we can help her out, even if it does tie up our time.
  • I promise to get some pictures up soon...

4 comments:

Neisha said...

isn't it great finding bikes at garage sales? SO much cheaper then in the store! I've spend $38 on 3 bikes that would run about $210 or more new.

mom 2 4J's said...

Good luck with your planting:)

The Papendorfs said...

how fun for the kids with the bikes, taylor got one with training wheels too but we haven't been testing it out too much yet. i need to get some plants in yet and my morning glories.

Gary said...

Heather, I enjoy the pics from your busy days. Bummer about Sat. Patty & I were looking forward to getting better acquainted with you & your family. God willing, there will be another chance.