Monday, August 3, 2009

Mother Hen

Little Miss Katie will mother anything/anyone she can get her hands on. Surprisingly, the kittens and John put up with ALOT.
This is what I saw when I peeked outside. I had to take it thru the screen, because if I opened the door, well, you know what would have happened.
Speaking of Mother Hen. She got stung by a bee Saturday evening. I debated sharing this on here. But this blog is my way of scrap booking. And this is something I'd like to forget, but want to remember (does that make sense?) To make a long story short- the kids were chasing after some kittens, ended up in a spot they weren't suppose to play in. Katie got stung under her eye, and big brother felt bad (because he led her over there). I mean, he felt REALLY. REALLY bad. After alot of tears, hugs, kisses and ice.. every one survived. Now when you say the word 'bee' - everyone scatters! :)

See how swollen her eye is? Oh-wait.. she's doing her 'squinty-eye' smile...
Saturday night.. with her swollen eye, smile, backwards shirt and dirty face!
By Sunday it wasn't quite as bad.. and today it's even better. She never mentioned her eye after the incident. I suspect she'll make a full recovery, and likely never remember these days!

6 comments:

mom 2 4J's said...

Very cute "mother hen":) Julia thinks we should get a real baby for her to take care of:) If only it was that easy:)

Gramm and Gramp said...

Did you cry too when your little girl got stung

Heather S said...

Ruth- she was at Boppa and Gma's house when it happened..so I missed out on the 'worst' of it!

Heather T said...

she is adorable...and john looks so nonchalant about her carrying him around...too funny! ouch on the bee sting...that's a huge paranoia of mine is to have one of the kids get stung and worse yet, be allergic! hope the swelling goes down soon for her!

Neisha said...

the mother hen thing is so cute.

Boppa and G'ma S. said...

Your kids are just way too cute and fun! Katie wasn't impressed with the "first aid" Boppa insisted she have after the bee sting. She just wanted to get back outside and play! But, she was patient and let me "doctor" her.