Friday, January 9, 2009

9 things (about me) in 2009

I've seen people do the "100 things about me" (which I don't have time to do) and "ask me anything you want to know about me".. but here's my version "about me". And in honor of 2009.. its 9 things. Maybe it's things you already knew, maybe it's something new...

  1. There are 2 of me! My sis-in-law has the exact same name as me: first, middle, last. We both also live in the same lil town! Yes, we were friends before we got married and her father warned us not to marry brothers, or we'd run into trouble! Little did we know! To our husband's family were known as: Joe's Heather or Ben's Heather.
  2. We have 4 kids: boy, girl, girl, boy
  3. We had 4 kids in under 4 years. The oldest boy turned 4 years old, 2 months after we had our last baby.
  4. If I had to do it again, I'd do it the same way. Even thou some days are insane, as our kids get older they are wonderful playmates. Actually, most days are pretty good.
  5. Shortly after we were married, we milked cows with Joe & Heather. Quite an experience for a city girl. Did I mention, I was pregnant with Benji that summer?
  6. It irriates me when people look at me and say, "ohh.. you're a busy mom; you have your hands full don't you!" Especially when all four kids are quietly, calmly behaving in the grocery store!! Our kids aren't always perfect at home or in the store, but show me a kid that is (and I'll call you a liar ;) I could probably do 100 things about 'things people say that irriate me'!
  7. I lived in the same house the entire time growing up. Since being married (6 1/2 years) we've moved 4 times!
  8. Staying at home is the best job I've ever had. It's also the hardest, most exhausting and most rewarding job. Most days I LOVE it. Some days... well, I don't love it!
  9. My greatest fears are: dying before I'm prepared, and losing my family. My joys: my faith and my family. Without them, my life wouldn't be complete.

So, if you read this list, I 'tag' you, to do the same on your blog (at your leisure)

2 comments:

Amber said...

I always hate the "Sooo, are you done then...?" implying that we should be. My family is none of anyone's business.

And yes, we are busy, but it's the best busy ever.

Neisha said...

very nice.