Monday, January 26, 2009

Katie said it

Today is dedicated to the cute, silly things Katie has said recently. Her speech is improving so much, at times it's still a jumble, but we get it, most of the time.






  • I asked her if she wanted to lay down for a nap. She said, "no, wanna party like a rock star" I should explain this. At bedtime Daddy asks the kids if they are ready to go to bed, and of course they say, NO. So then he'll say, "What are you want to do, party like a rock star?" And the kids have no idea what that means, but they just smile, happy to prolong the bed time trip!



  • Last night I told her it was time for bed. She told me, "No, it will mess up my do!" (that's word for word) She had her hair into a little bun, and was quite proud of it.



  • I wish I could capture all her expressions, as they speak so much louder than words (at times) Lately whenever I grab the camera, so goes into 'cheese' mode. squinty eyes, cheesy grin, head way up..



  • So many times she isn't doing anything funny. But it makes me laugh and smile when I see her trying so hard to be 'big'. Like when she tries to help herself to food at the table, or gets dressed or tries at least since she's using John's clothes.


Katie will be 3 in April. If you ask her how old she'll be, she shows you three fingers..using her pointer, ring finger and pinkie. I'll have to try to get a picture of it, because its cute!



5 comments:

ShareandRemember said...

Great stuff! She sounds like a lot of fun. Those are the moments that really can make your day.

Neisha said...

my kids use to do the "cheese" face too

Anonymous said...

She reminds me so much of you, in looks and actions. What a honey.

Heather T said...

Too cute!!;0)

NanaK said...

I agree w/your momm Heather. She reminds me of you LOTS....looks and actions....in fact, I have a video (if you can call the old super 8 that!!) of you doing that same smile, lift up your chin, grin, I believe you shake your head back and forth.....Lis, do you remember which one I'm talking about?! So yeah, she brings back a LOT of memories of you to me! Like all your kidlets, she is adorable!