Friday, January 23, 2009

No more cookies

Benji couldn't wait for the girls to wake up from nap time yesterday. We started rolling out our double batch of sugar cookies. He helped sprinkle (pour) flour on the table, rolled out the dough, and cut out his own cookies. Quite the proud boy. And of course, any time there was 'scrap dough', he had to eat it. The girls helped too, but I didn't get any pictures of that. I was slightly occupied :)This is why we use 'spill-proof' valves in our sippy cups. I was helping the kids roll out their sugar cookies and I heard water... I looked over the table to see John just watching his water pour out of his cup. He looked up, 'uh oh!' Then for good measure, he had to step in it! ;)




Then later, Tubby threw up. I'm hoping it was more of a gag from the cookie dough he snuck. But he acted funny the rest of the evening; tired, whiny, clingy. He just sat on my lap at supper, never once reaching for food. (a sure sign something is up) So sadly I'm thinking our big cookie day is going to be cancelled. He curled up in the chair after we ate supper and promptly fell asleep.

I'm hoping for an uneventful evening. (I'm actually doing this Thursday night, to post bright and early Friday morning!)

UPDATE: We had an uneventful night and morning so far! He seems to be back to normal; climbing, running, getting into mischief! Not too much to eat yet, just bland food (and 1 choc covered pretzel he got from his brother) We'll just keep our fingers crossed that is was the cookie dough, not a bug!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Aww, he looks like he feels yucky. Hope (for your sake and his) that it was the dough.