Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stuck Inside

We're stuck inside again! Last night/this morning we had a nasty storm roll through, bringing lots of ice and of course snow to cover it all up. Now the temps are dropping too fast. Below Zero here we come again! :( These pictures are actually from last night. Katie had a stomach bug Friday/Saturday, leaving me slightly occupied with her! Meanwhile and thankfully, the other 3 kids felt fine (very fine). They dumped out all their toys, covering the floor. Oh, the fun they had :) These are the pictures mid-way through the dumping process. They also emptied my dish towel/rag basket and had all the pot holders out too! (Dish towels and rags make good "saddles" on the lazy boy in case you were wondering)


I like our house to be 'clean'. But with 4 lil kids, its near impossible. At least in our house, the instant you vacuum, mop or pick up.... something happens. (Benjamin says its job security ;) I was once told: A clean house doesn't mean a happy house. To which I replied: A messy house = happy kids!?! I'm happy our kids are able to make a mess and play, meaning their normal and healthy. Too soon will be the time when they're all grown up and moved away. Then it will just be my husband making the mess! ;) I've fallen in love with this quote I came across, and posted it on the side of my blog. Although our children are past the the "rocking" stage, the tho't is still the same.
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow, for babies grow up too soon to our sorrow... So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I am rocking my babies and babies don't keep!"

Snoozin' in the sun with Daddy!

5 comments:

Duey and Kandace said...

Glad they like seeing our animals. Sometimes I wonder if I overdo the pictures of them, but then I figure- that is my life. Hopefully they can come sometime an actually play with them!!!:) The cat might hide with a lot of comotion, but the dogs LOVE kids and every bit of attention they can get.

Heather S said...

Kandace- we'd love that, i'll have to call u when we head back home.

Jeremy and Lisa said...

looks like my house sometimes, and I only have one to make the mess!

The Beecham's said...

Oh isn't that sweet of John and Daddy! Ha!

Amber said...

Ha...I was wondering if I was the only one who's house wasn't always clean.

The last stanza of that poem was going through my head today...I've never heard the whole thing before but I love it. I was going through all the tiny abby things that Archer's outgrown today and I'm sad I'll never get to be pregnant again. They grow to fast.